I'll be perfectly honest with all of you... I can't say that I've ever heard from the Spirit and I do not know what my purpose is.
I think that is what scared me the most.
I've been sleeping. I know the importance of hearing from Yahweh, but I never heard from Him, so I kind of blew it off, telling myself that it wasn't really a big deal, that it didn't really matter.
Mistake number one.
I'll be honest with you again... This lead to me not really wanting to pray. No words ever came. It then lead to me having no desire to sit and read His Word. So I just didn't. I didn't think about praying, and I didn't read anything from the Bible.
Mistake number two.
Some of you know that I had a life changing experience one Friday night with my parents when unclean spirits left me. For the first time in a long time I didn't feel irritated, offended, stressed, or angry for an entire day. It lasted several weeks, and I again was praying often and digging into the Word. I didn't feel discouraged until one day, I totally blew it.
After that, everything I had been doing the past several weeks was crushed. I found no joy in reading the Scripture like I usually did, and I again couldn't pray. I was irritated and angry at the smallest of things, and offended by other people's words and/or actions.
Mistake number three.
I've been like this for several weeks, now. I was still in it yesterday. All day after those teachings I couldn't stop thinking about what he said. I fell asleep thinking about it and my first thoughts waking up this morning were about it. It's almost 9:30 here, and that's all I can think about, still! What he said really impacted me and convicted me and I know that I CANNOT ever go back to what I was! I CANNOT be the same as I was before! I walked out of that building with no doubts. I still have no doubts now, as I write this.
All this to say is I need prayer! I have no idea on what my next step should be, other than diving deeper into His Word and praying without ceasing. Please, please please pray for me to hear from the Father and to do what He says! I do not want to be out of His will or obedience, and I know for certain that I can't live my life the way I was.
Which leaves me in the waiting zone. Of course I want only His perfect will to be done, but please pray also that He will tell me what to do quickly! I need direction. For those of you who know me, you know that I don't do well when I have feel like I have no vision or purpose. :) Maybe this teaching me a lesson in patience. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and I want all of you to know that your prayers are greatly appreciated! This teaching was very timely, for me, at least, and I really, truly believe that God had a message in that for me.
Emma
P.S. I absolutely love his accent! Wasn't he so fun to listen to?
No comments:
Post a Comment