December 16, 2014

Emma Frei: GAPS Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie

So, just so we're all clear... This is a recipe for those on GAPS, but I'm still going to be making them after GAPS, so GAPS or not, you must make this! It's like eating a super healthy shake for breakfast, trust me. Our whole family loves it, so we make it often. It's got some interesting things in it, but don't think that it's not really really yummy because it has raw eggs and avacado in it... That wouldn't be a fair judgment.

Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie
 1/2 and avacado
1 banana (preferably frozen, but fresh is okay)
1/2 cup if coconut milk
1-2 tbsp. of honey
2 tbsp. Cocoa or cacao powder(I prefer the cacao in this smoothie. I also do two heaping tbsp to get a more chocolate flavor.)
1 tsp. of vanilla
1/2 tsp peppermint extract of peppermint essential oils
1 1/2 tsp. of gelatin hydrolysate
1-2 tsp. of melted coconut oil
2-4 egg yokes(optional)
2 tsp. almond butter(optional)
1/2 cup of ice
Additional milk kefir as needed

Blend it all up until smooth and creamy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment