About a year ago I stopped drinking it because I felt guilty when my parents didn't get it and I still did. I'll admit it... I was kind of sad that it was so toxic because it tasted so darn good! And then we went on the Gaps diet. It really wasn't a loud, then!
During our first week on Gaps I was desperately hungry for something to satisfy the sudden need for sugar that I didn't realize was there. Apparently I really needed a sugar detox because I don't think I've ever wanted so many sweets in one week before! (I think I made an average of 6-7 desserts that week) My search took me to Pinterest and many of the health food blogs that my Mom follows. While I was looking I found a recipe for strawberry lemonade. It looked good, and it was Gaps legal, since the only ingredients were strawberries, lemon, honey, and water. Why not? I started following the directions. They were a little complicated, so I changed it up a bit. I was amazed at my result. It turned into the best good for you Freckled Lemonade EVER!!! It tastes exactly like Red Robin, only without the added junk and made with healthy foods and hardly any ingredients. Yum!
You can make this and a slushie/smoothie or actual lemonade, depending on how you like it. I hope that you enjoy!
Freckled Lemonade
For slushie
4 cups frozen strawberries
Two lemons, juiced
1/2 cup honey
2 cups water
Blend all ingredients together.
For lemonade
4 cups frozen strawberries
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup honey
6 cups water
Blend all ingredients together.
This recipe makes about 6-8 glasses. I haven't tried it, but I'll bet it would be really yummy no more realistic if you sliced partially thawed frozen strawberries and put them in each individual glass. Yum!
Try them out and let me know what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment