December 18, 2014

Sophie

So, this might be kind of odd, but, hey, story of my life!  Anyway, Shining Stars is giving away a 2015 calender and I won't be shy to say that I'm entering, which is why I'm posting this...  All you bloggers know!  Anyway, just in case you're interested, here's the link! 

http://shiningstarsmagazine.com/were-giving-away-a-calendar/

Update on me:

Fun stuff!  Grandma came today and we're all having a BLAST!  I just LOOOOOVVVVVE MY GRANDMA!  We went light seeing tonight, and some of the lights were absolutely beautiful!  Have any of you guys gone to the place over by bookcliff gardens where these people covered almost their entire property with BLUE LED LIGHTS!  Amazing!  What's more is that they're planning on putting up more next year...  That equals a special friend trip with hot cocoa and P.J.s! 

I don't know about you, but I've really been doing a whole lot of thinking these past few days on what Chanukah REALLY is.  What it truly means to dedicate yourself to the Father.  A lot of us have been doing a 30 day challenge where we try to make it our habit to complete our spiritual goals daily.  I'll be first to confess that I haven't been doing very well, but nevertheless, I want to keep trying.  I'm asking you all to keep me updated on how you're doing, and also, I'm asking that we be honest with each other, and that we help each other, express our ideas, and constantly remind each other of where our value TRULY lies.  What's really important, and what needs to be on the top of our To-Do list.  I want to be FULLY dedicated to Yeshua, and never cease to be His.  I don't want to disappoint Him.  How about you?

Alright, time to skidaddle.  Blessings to you all and a very Happy Chanukah!  See you on Shabbat!

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I've done mine faithfully everyday since Monday, but it's getting harder and harder to get up at 5:30 every morning (for some odd reason, because I used to wake up at four to do my bible reading when I was in 'Bat Mitzvah training.') I'm finishing up this weeks Torah portion, which I've decided is my favorite Torah portion ever. :) I'm writing it out in a notebook, and I saw so many small things that I've never noticed before! (I finished up chapter 43 tonight and I'll finish out in 44:17 tomorrow morning.) I encourage people to write out the Torah by portion, and I'm even considering writing all of my bible reading out, simply because I catch so much more! I'm very excited. I now (for the most part) look forward to the time that I spend in the word and talking to God throughout the day in my head, out loud, and in the prayer and thanksgiving journal I'm now keeping.

    Anyways, I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy is SO much too... I look forward to it. Ya know, we talk a lot about how we should set time aside for Yahweh, and at the time, the thought seems sooooo easy. Just do it, right? But reality is, it's a whole lot harder then we think it is. It's possible! Nothing's impossible without Yahweh, but nevertheless, it's tricky.... I guess just try, try again! We will fail, but HE WILL SUCCEED!

    "Lord, You establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished You have done for us." Isaiah 26:12

    By the way, cute profile picture. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. :) I wore my hair down for one day and the first thing all the boys in my family said to me was, "I like your hair, Emma." No joke. Even Noah agreed.

    ReplyDelete