January 20, 2015

Emma Frei: Our first day on Intro

Ugh! I've eaten so much soup today! Most of you know that the Frei family is currently on the GAPS Diet, a really intense diet that is supposed to heal you gut and auto-immune disorders. We've been on Full Gaps for 93 days (Yes, I have been counting) and now we're finally getting to the really hard part, the Introduction Diet. Basically we can eat soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For lunch we had butternut squash soup with a cup of chicken broth. I've eaten, like, four full size meals since breakfast, and it's only 2:30 pm!!! Thank God for a full freezer! Hopefully we'll only have to stay on this stage for a few days. We made these little coconut and honey bar things for the kids if they eat all of their food. :) I added some lemon to mine and they tasted really good! Here's the recipe.

1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of honey
1/4 of a lemon (optional)

Blend it all together until smooth. We put ours in fun molds like lego people and ginger bread men. They're pretty small, so you're not getting a whole bunch of sugar when you eat one. The lemon is a great touch!

Anyways, today has been an interesting day. :) How are all of you?

Emma



 I'm an avid knitter, violinist, reader, blogger, writer, sunset watcher. I have a passion for walking in purity, dressing modestly, and staying healthy. Read more about me here.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds crazy! How did it go today? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yesterday, when I posted, great! Today, not so much. :( Pretty much you have to plan on eating constantly. The food is so easy to digest that it goes through your system really fast. We tried butter tonight with dinner and no one seemed to have any stomach problems, so we're going ti try for state 2 tomorrow or Friday. Hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete