Sure! I have some great books.
Chronicles of the Kings by Lynn Austin - About King Hezekiah's reign. Very exciting!
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe - Simply one of the best books ever. Read snuggled up in a blanket with hot tea and a box of tissues near by...
Eleventh Guest and Seventh Day by Bodie and Brock Thoene - These are part of a 12 book series but out of them all, these 2 were my favorite. Don't worry to much about reading them in order. It doesn't really mess anything up. :)
Keeper of the Bees by Jean Strattonporter - A sweet story and a gentle read.
Hinds Feet on High Places - An inspiring story about a lame woman named Much-Afraid who, aided by the Good-Shepherd, makes a perilous journey to the High Places. I really recommend this book. If anyone would like to read this one, they can borrow my copy. :)
I have felt like reading a good book too. I have read all of these and more and I have no idea what to look into next! Maybe you guys have some ideas for me? I enjoy novels, biographies, whatever I can find!
You should read Joyfully at Home. It was really good and one of my favorite books, actually. It's by Jasmine Baucham, and personally I think any body could get a lot from this.
ReplyDeleteOh I absolutely LOVE Uncle Tom's Cabin! One of my favorites for sure!! Oooooo....I'm interested in the Chronicles of the Kings and a couple others! In His Steps is a recommendation I have. Encouraging and it will change the way you look at situations through Yeshua's point of view.
ReplyDeleteOooh.... I might have to check that out, Paige!
ReplyDeleteIs In His Steps a novel? Another good book that I really love is the Betrothed book the Waller's put out with ten couples betrothal stories. It's such a wonderful book, and a lot of the stories are encouraging. Has anyone else read that one?
ReplyDeleteIt is a novel!! I have read a couple of the stories from the book but I found that it got me overly excited for a relationship and I didn't want to awaken love before it's time (proverbs) so I stopped reading it for now. :) but the stories I read we're fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteWho is the author of In His Steps, Paige? :)
ReplyDeleteCharles M. Sheldon :)
ReplyDeleteAnother great book I would recommend is "Princess Adelina". It is based on a true story that took place in the seventh century (I think :) ). It is a "modern" Esther story. Really good. It is written using old English, but it isn't that hard to read. I actually kinda like it. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll have to look into that. :)
ReplyDeleteUm... Yes to the "Princess Adelina!" It's one of my favorite books, though I haven't read it in a while so I completely forgot about it! I'm going to have to go pull it off the bookshelf now and read it... :) I have it if anybody would like to borrow it!
ReplyDeleteAnother book suggestion... Has anybody ever read "A Thousand Shall Fall" by Susi Hasel Mundy? Wow!!! It is about a Seventh-Day Adventist living in 1940's Germany, and it is such an amazing true story! It's about he and his family trying to survive during World War 2, and his devotion is so powerful! He was actually forced to fight in the German army, but he was a pacifist, so he never actually carried a real gun around... He made a fake one to carry, instead. This is a very good book that I would recommend to anybody!
ReplyDelete